Can warrant be posted before court date? 7 Answers as of April 15, 2013

Hi, last year I was charged with possession of a controlled substance and was on probation for it. Last month I was given a court date for another charge , this time for shoplifting, I got a letter yesterday stating that I have a warrant for my misdemeanor but I haven't even gone to court yet. What should I expect?

Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
Unfortunately, you might have a warrant for the violation of your probation due to the subsequent arrest. You should be ready to face being remanded into custody at your next hearing. I would recommend consulting with an attorney to better understand your rights.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
Potentially, you might be found guilty both of the new charge and for violating probation. You might receive consecutive sentences for them. Ultimately, sentencing depends on whether you're found guilty, your prior record, how serious these are in the court's eyes, mitigation, and allocution. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
Expect to get locked up when you go to court.
You should expect that they will recall the warrant when you show up in court. It was probably issued by mistake.
Conway Law Pllc.
Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
This is probably a probation violation on your first charge.
    You likely have a failure to appear along with the new misdemeanor charge. You need to fight this and we can normally get the matter resolved without a conviction.
    Furlong & Drewniak PLLC
    Furlong & Drewniak PLLC | Thaddeus Furlong, Esq.
    Warrants come before court but may be served at court. Sounds confusing, but a warrant is a judicial order to do something, like conduct a search (search warrant) or make an arrest. If you are already on court for crime 1, the sheriff could serve the warrant on you there for crime 2. The police don't even have to tell you if they have a warrant.