Can a visa holder speed up the immigration process by marrying a US citizen in the US? 7 Answers as of September 09, 2011

I would like to know what is the best and fastest way to fix my girlfriends papers, she is from Mexico and has a visa. I’m a u.s. citizen. I want to bring her to live with me in august, and we want to get married but should we get married here to speed up the process for her papers, what do you suggest? Thank you so much.

It looks like the fastest way to get your girlfriend here is to get engaged, and then to apply for a K-1 fiance visa. Once here, marry within 90 days, then apply for adjustment of status with her. You will need an immigration attorney to help, so feel free to call or e-mail me to set up an appointment.
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
Timing is the key for the whole process. Please go to attorney's office for detailed consultation to avoid any mistakes.
If you marry her in Mexico, she may not be able to enter US as a tourist and it may take up to 12 months to bring her as your wife. If you file a fiance visa for her, she will get her visa in about 8 months.
The Law Offices Jonathan D Montag
The Law Offices Jonathan D Montag | Jonathan D Montag
Do not construe this response as legal advice as I would have to meet with you and learn a lot more facts about your case to see if the general principles in my answer apply to your specific case or if facts in your case make the general principle inapplicable. Generally speaking: A person who enters the United States with inspection can adjust status here if a U.S. citizen spouse petitions for him or her. I cannot schedule an appointment through email. Please call me to schedule an appointment.
I would get married here and go on to adjust status. I think this is faster. Good luck!
    Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
    There are several options available. You need to consult with an immigration lawyer to discuss in detail.
    If you get married, you can apply for her permanent residence immediately. If she is outside the US, and you are married, she will need the K-3 visa for the spouse of a US citizen.