Can a video be used as evidence if it has been altered? 2 Answers as of April 07, 2011

I have a pending case and I have just received my discovery packet, inside of the packet there is a video. I watched the video and it has been altered. What should I do? Can the state use this video against me ? You can clearly see where the video has been altered. Is there anyway I can find out who altered the video and what if anything can be done ?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Andrew R. Lynch, P.C.
Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. | Andrew R. Lynch
If you have your discovery packet you should go over it with your counsel.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/7/2011
Goolsby Law Office
Goolsby Law Office | Richard Goolsby
It would appear that you may already have counsel, but we would strongly recommend that you retain a criminal lawyer, if you have not done so, and that you discuss all the possibilities with your attorney. You might also discuss with your own attorney the idea of hiring a forensic computer expert. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: