Can Utah police obtain urine analysis from a minor without parental consent? 1 Answers as of January 31, 2011

Is it legal in the state of Utah for a police officer to obtain a urine analysis from a minor without parents consent?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Arnold & Wadsworth
Arnold & Wadsworth | Brian Arnold
I am assuming this has to do with a Motor Vehicle stop. First things first, you need to make sure the stop was done correctly. In Utah they can take a urine sample under Utah Code 41-6a-520 if he/she was driving a motor vehicle. You have to remember that operating a motor vehicle deal with a license and not a right. I am sure you can have a hearing conducted to determine if the license will be suspended but you have to do so quite quickly. Give us a call and we can set up a free consultation for you to come in and let us review all the facts.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 1/31/2011
Click to View More Answers: