Can a US green card holder bring his wife to america within six months? 5 Answers as of June 08, 2011

I have recently heard that under a particular immigration rule an American green card can holder bring his wife to the United States within six months of legal marriage. As I am an American green card holder I got married after I got the immigrant visa to the US. I received the permanent resident's card later when I came to the US. I would like to know if there is any chance to bring my wife to America within six months and if there is any what are the legal procedures?

I don't know that this is generally feasible but I may be wrong (I doubt it). Because you are a LPR who married after you became one, you will have to file an I-130 visa petition just like everyone else and follow the steps that will lead your wife to immigrate to the US. It will not be 6 months. The way to kind of have an idea how long it might take is to look at the visa bulletin online and look at the F2A category and her country of origin. That will tell you generally what kind of time frame you should have in mind. Good luck!
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
You have to naturalize if you want to bring your wife within 6 months.
Processing times vary all the time, so once you start the immigrant visa process-which is three steps- then it may be possible. However currently, it is taking DHS about six months to complete the first step so I think adding a few months on to that is more realistic.
Since you are a legal resident, not a citizen, your wife, once you file for her petition and it is approved, your wife is assigned a priority date, and only when it is reached by USCIS or the U.S. Dept. of State (runs consulate/embassy applications). Right now, for a spouse of a legal permanent resident, the wait is a little less than 4 years. If you wish the help of an attorney (and you should), please feel free to give me an appointment by phone or e-mail, to set up a meeting for consultation with an attorney.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
No they cannot it takes approximately 3 years. If you are a US citizen it may take approximately 6 months.