Can a US citizen petition their mother and sibling? 5 Answers as of June 08, 2011

I am US citizen, how long does it take to petition my mother and sibling?

Yes. No one really know how long it is going to take to finalize her process. What you want to do is look on the US-DOS visa bulletin online and look at the F1 category for your mother and the F4 category for your sibling. Good luck!
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
It takes about 6 to 8 months to bring your mother. It takes several years to bring your sister. The parent of a U.S. citizen is an immediate relative so the visa is available as soon as the processing is complete. A sibling, unfortunately, is not and so must wait until his or her priority date becomes current. The priority date is the date that you file the I-130 petition on his or her behalf.
It will take approx. 6 months to petition for your mother; but at least 8 years to petition for your sister.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
Yes, it should take less than a year for the mother, however, the sibling will take years. It may be fastest to petition for the mother and when she receives here green card she can petition your sibling. Speak to an immigration attorney. For a free consultation contact my office.
Yes, a US citizen can petition for a parent, as an immediate relative. This process is quick as the relative petition usually takes about 6 months for approval, then the parent will apply for the immigrant visa at the home consulate. The sibling is a fourth preference and that preference classification is currently backlogged approximately eleven years.