Can two people with H1B visas legally get married in the US? 5 Answers as of March 28, 2011

Me and my girlfriend are both on H1B visas here in the US. We are contemplating getting married soon. I am just baffled with the legalities. Can we legally get married in the US since we are both on H1B visas or we have to get married in our country of origin? Thanks!

No, you can marry anywhere (as long as you comply with local law in the marriage) and it should have no effect on your respective H1B statuses.
Of course you can! Congratulations!
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
You can legally get married in the US if you are current unmarried (Single, divorced or widowed).
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
Yes, you can legally marry in the United States, provided you meet the requirements. Generally, you must both be adults, not married to anyone else, and not related to each other. Marriage is a matter of state law, so you check with your county auditor/recorder for the license requirements.
Yes you can get married here in the U.S. You do not need to notify USCIS if you get married. You do need to notify them if you move by filing a change of address by mail or on-line at USCIS.gov (Form AR-11) Good luck.