Can two immediate family members file I-130 of the same beneficiary? 3 Answers as of August 31, 2015

What would be the impact of both of the cases, if an immediate family member files I-130 as a brother/sister first then unmarried son/daughter? How does USICS handle this kind of situation? Will they withdraw anyone or both of the forms on their own or will they ask us about pursuing anyone of them? Thanks in advance.

Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
That would be a yes.
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC | Myron Morales
Based on the visa bulletin, the petition for an unmarried son or daughter would be adjudicated first. You can have the sibling petition on file as a backup. It would be cancelled if the other petition is in fact adjudicated first.
If they are both by the same petitioner, then s/he will have to withdraw one of them, hopefully the weakest one, and move forward with the remaining petition.