Can those siblings kick me out even if one or two might have some power of attorney on my mother? 1 Answers as of July 12, 2016

I really need some legal advice on how to handle family situation. I live at the family house where we all grew up with my 2 teenage boys, my mother, and one of my other sisters. My sister from out of town 1000 miles away, another sister out of town 1200 miles away, and my oldest brother who lives in another city are trying to kick me out of the house. All of our names are on the property where I live. This is the house where we all grew up, our whole lives. I am currently and have been living in the home with my mother for the past 16 years. Within the past 7 months, I have been dealing with an injury that happened at work and over the past 2 months my mother has now been diagnosed with dementia. I have willingly given up any social life to take care of any needs my mother may need (pretty much at her beckon call) giving her medicine at appropriate times, washing clothes, sheets, etc. bringing her to doctor appointments, fixing or giving food, the list goes on and on etc. My siblings that live out of town and older brother have now concocted a plan to get me out of house by trying to say go get help or leave. Now remind you that they do not live here and have no clue on what takes place in home, nor do they have any idea on what I do myself. They have made up in their heads and have made me out to be someone I am not at all nor do I do the things they are saying I do. What are my rights and what do I need to make sure they do not have a leg to stand on? My mother doesn't want me to go anywhere and neither does my sister who stays in the house with me. But yet the others are about to confront me and dangle like a carrot either go or get out. Please help let me know if I need to get anything done or filled out at a notary. Also last thing is, is there a way to get paid by being the caretaker of my mother?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Attorney At Law | James G. Maguire
You are a co-owner of the property, and no one can kick you out. If your mother wants to pay you for caring for her that is OK, but put in writing exactly what you do and how much you will be paid. It does not have to be notarized.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 7/12/2016
Click to View More Answers: