Can they use force to take my fingerprint for a DMV form? 2 Answers as of August 17, 2017

I had an accident in my car. The police gave me the tests on the scene to see if I been drinking. I don`t drink, so I passed every test. They arrested me and took me to jail for driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs. Once we got to the police station they wanted some pee, I refused, they wanted me to give them a finger print on a DMV document to where my driver’s license would have been suspended. I refused to give them my finger print. They came back into the holding cell to cuff me again so they can use force to take my fingerprint. We rolled around in the cell till they cuffed me as tight as they could to where they cut off my blood circulation, turned my wrists black and blue, scraped off skin from my wrist.

Law Office of Jared C. Winter
Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
Sorry to hear things unfolded so badly for you. You don?t have a right to refuse the urine test if you have been arrested for DUI. You also don?t have the right to refuse to participate in the booking process, including getting your fingerprints taken. Whether you are innocent or not, throwing a tantrum is not the way to handle getting arrested. You only make a bad situation worse by doing so. The better course of action is to calmly and respectfully comply and then fight for your innocence in court.
Instead of worrying about fingerprint, you need to focus your attention on how you can avoid being convicted. You need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.