Can they take possession of the vehicle and will it go against my girlfriend’s credit? 5 Answers as of October 07, 2013

My vehicle was levied upon. It is financed, co-signed by my girlfriend so it is also co-owned by her. There are 3 years left on the loan.

Law Office of William Stoddard | William Stoddard
But it is being repossessed and yes, the credit hit will hit both of you as both of you owed the debt and it was not paid. Their repossession is meant to see if they can resell it to get most of the loaned money back instead of waiting to see if you or her will pay for it.
Yes, unless she can settle the balance owed.
SmithMarco, P.C.
SmithMarco, P.C. | Larry P. Smith
If you do not make payments - yes they can take the vehicle from you and YES it will affect your girlfriend's credit.
Yes they can take it and yes it will hurt her credit.
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
If they have properly levied on the vehicle, it has to be sold. Any purchase money creditor gets paid first. Then you get the $2450 vehicle exemption in Illinois.