Can they still sue me after a year and a half car accident? 15 Answers as of September 10, 2013

I was driving a work vehicle at the time of the accident and now a year and a half later I was served papers.

Ellis & Abouelsood | John Danelon
The statute of limitations for personal injury in California under California Civil Procedure Code section 335.1 is 2 years, thus they do have the right to sue at this point.
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
Yes, in Nevada they can sue you up to 2 years from the date of the accident. I suggest that you turn the matter over to your employer, and notify your personal insurance company.
In Alabama, you have two years from the accident to sue. Turn the papers over to your insurance company. They will assign you a lawyer to defend you and they will pay any settlement or judgment up to the limits of the policy. Good luck.
They have 3 years in most jurisdictions.
Vasilaros Legal,LLC
Vasilaros Legal,LLC | Steven T. Vasilaros
Yes they can. The statute of limitations for most vehicle accidents in Florida is 4 years, which means they have up to four years from the date of the accident to file suit. Immediately notify your Insurance Company of the law suit.
    Under the statute of limitations they have 3 years to file. Since it was a work vehicle, your company is liable unless you were acting negligently.
    Frank Law Group, P.C.
    Frank Law Group, P.C. | Brett E. Rosenthal
    The injured party has two years from the date of the accident to file suit.
    Statute of limitations is 3 years.
    Utah Injury Lawyer
    Utah Injury Lawyer | Will Rodgers
    Yes. In Utah, the statute of limitations (time within a complaint in court must be filed) is 4 years from the date of the auto accident.
    Beaver Holt Sternlicht and Courie, P.A.
    Beaver Holt Sternlicht and Courie, P.A. | Mark A. Sternlicht
    In North Carolina, there is a three-year statute of limitations for filing a suit based on negligence after a car wreck.
    Gregory M Janks, PC
    Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
    In Michigan the statute of limitations for a personal injury is 3 years, so "yes" you can be sued after 1.5 years. Simply turn the suit papers over to your employer and the insurer for the vehicle you were driving.