Can they still sell my home if I am scheduled for sheriff sale and my lender just accepted a large sum of money from me? 6 Answers as of October 17, 2013

I am scheduled for sheriff sale tomorrow. My lender just accepted a payment of $10,000.00 yesterday. I also faxed over loan modification forms to them. Can they still sell my home tomorrow?

They should not sell the home, but they probably will.
Richard L. Hirsh, P.C. | Richard L. Hirsh
What you need to do is file an emergency motion to stop the sale. Was the deposit o money made pursuant to the loan modification? The sale should be postponed.
Yes, you just gave them a $10,000 gift.
Yes they can. You will need to check on-line to see if the sale has been cancelled or continued.
Janke Legal Consulting | Bruce C. Janke
Are you're saying you gave the bank $10K without getting an agreement to stop the foreclosure?! Why did you do that? Did the bank tell you it would stop the foreclosure if you made the payment and submitted a loan mod application? Are you sure the sale is still scheduled for tomorrow? Unless you got something in writing from the lender, it can go forward with the sale and you will have given the bank a $10K gift for nothing. If the bank made an oral promise to stop the foreclosure for payment of $10K, you could sue the bank. You would definitely need to consult an attorney for this.
    Stacy Joel Safion, Esq.
    Stacy Joel Safion, Esq. | Stacy Joel Safion
    If you started a loan modification they cannot foreclose on you. You need to call the lender and trustee at once.