Can they revoke all the DUI fines I have paid and make me retake all the classes? 6 Answers as of January 02, 2014

Say I only have $150 dollars left to pay toward my DUI fine and I'm finished with classes and everything else I had to do. I am also off probation. Is there any consequence if I was sent to Detox for a night recently? I heard they can revoke all payments and make you retake classes? Does that really apply or only if I was still on probation?

Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
If you are off probation, they can't make you do anything. Chances are your fines/fees were converted to a civil judgment and sent to collections. If, on the other hand, your probation was revoked, then you have to go into court, and recall the warrant. Get the case on calendar and get a new date to pay the fines (or bring it with you when you recall the warrant). They cannot make you redo the class or revoke payments you already made. They can add an additional penalty for not doing what you were supposed to.
DUI probation is 5 years. If you have a new violation in that time frame... yes, you could be ordered back into treatment.
Jefre S. Goldtrap
Jefre S. Goldtrap | Jefre S. Goldtrap
If you have completed the probation period what authority does a court have over you? If you still owe costs and fines you cannot get a valid license.
If you are off probation then they have no more power to deal with you. Except if there are new charges.
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
Assuming you are in California, usually everything relating to sentencing has to be finished before probation ends. If the facts are, as you have related, the court has no jurisdiction over you if probation has ended, you may have a new problem depending on how you ended up in "detox" but if you have completed probation then you can't have a problem with the earlier case.