Can they re-arrest me when I go to pick up my bag if they found something in it? 2 Answers as of June 09, 2016

I was arrested for disorderly conduct because I was drunk and beat on the door of the wrong house. I had a backpack with me, and it may have contained a trace amount of marijuana, as I live in another state. I was bailed out of jail, but they wouldn't let me get my property back except with an appointment. They haven't let me make that appointment for over a week, saying that my backpack hasn't been released yet. Can they bring additional possession charges against me? Finally, if someone else picks up the bag for me (following correct procedures), could they issue a warrant for my arrest?

YES you can be arrested. YES, a warrant could be issued for you. However, you might must be arrested when you return to court on the disorderly conduct charges. Good luck.
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Attorney & Counselor at Law | John Hugger
A little marijuana in a backpack not in a vehicle should not any longer warrant any charges in Colorado. An attorney may be able to help you with the disorderly conduct charges if and when they are filed. Good luck!