Can they garnish even if my check is being garnished already? 9 Answers as of May 24, 2017

I filed chapter 13 three years ago. It will be done in 2 more years. I acquired high interest unsecured loans that I can't pay any longer.

There is a limit to the total amount which can be garnished.
Generally they cannot both garnish your check.
Garner Law Office
Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
If you're in chapter 13 and don't have an attorney, you should get one now because you might have created some new problems for yourself.
Only one garnishment at a time in California. You need to see local counsel to determine your best options now.
Benson Law Firm
Benson Law Firm | David Benson
You are not permitted to acquire new debt in a Chapter 13 case without the permission of the Court. You should discuss this with your attorney ASAP!
    There are a lot of holes in the information you provided. 1st, if you are in Chapter 13 and took on additional debt, you violated your agreement with the court to not incur any additional debt. When the Trustee finds out, your existing case will be dismissed. 2nd, who is currently garnishing your wages? If your pay is being withheld to pay your plan, that is not considered to be a garnishment because you AUTHORIZED it by voluntarily filing Chapter 13. It sounds like you continue to be someone not willing to comply with the law, and you may have a lot to go through before you learn the hard way.
    They can garnish 25% of your net take home pay, one creditor at a time. You may have options. Meet with an experienced BK lawyer. Good luck!
    OlsenDaines | Rex Daines
    A chapter 13 wage order is not a garnishment, so if your questions is whether a new creditor can garnish on top of the wage order the answer is "yes". If you are actually being garnished by something other than the chapter 13 or current child support then the answer is "no", a second garnishment can not happen at the same time.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C. | Stuart M. Nachbar
    First, how did you get permission from the Court to take a high interest unsecured credit card loan, while in a Chapter 13? Second, Garnishments are only done one at a time, but they wait in a line and when one ends, the next one begins, as long as they are taking out the maximum on the first garnishment.