Can they find out my license is suspended in another state? 1 Answers as of July 14, 2014

I was driving down a dark Highway going 55 mph (the speed limit). Some people in front of me stopped immediately stopped in front of me too pick someone up that was walking. I crashed into them from behind. I couldn't avoid them as they had stopped to suddenly. Now I'm from Indiana (where my license had gotten suspended) and I was driving without any insurance. But nothing happened that night; I gave an officer my Indiana id and a paper with an old insurance company. He let me walk home since my truck had gotten totaled. So now I'm worried what happens next? Can they find out my license is suspended in Indiana? (My accident was in North Carolina) Can they arrest me after the fact?

Your job is to keep your car under control so you wont run into the rear of another. They can check you records if they care to since you have not head you probably wont. But the people you damaged can sue you and probably will.