Can they charge me with an additional crime? 4 Answers as of August 30, 2010

I was charged with driving under the influence but my case was not pursued. My BAC was at a .04. This occurred about 6 months ago. Now there is a reset court date and the DA has filed additional charges. They are now going to charge me with possession of marijuana even though this was not included on my original ticket. Can they add an additional crime like this?

Yes. They just did. They are not limited to the original charge, and can file additional charges, and/or could re-file the original. Now, you get to defend against it as best as possible. If serious about hiring counsel to help you do so, feel free to contact me.
Yes the DA can charge you with any crime alleged if it is within the statue of limitation. As all cases are fact driven you should contact me for a free consultation.
Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm
Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm | Aly Ebrahimzadeh
Get an attorney to defend you in this possession case asap. If you live in CA, you can contact me for a consult.