Can support be ordered for a child that has been legally adopted by another man? Posted on May 12, 2011

I recently found out that I have a child from a previous relationship, he is 15 now and was legally adopted by another man years ago. The mother and the adopted father split up and now she has come after me for child support. I was ordered to take a perternity test and was found to be the biological father. Now I am being garnished for child support. Can they do that?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: