Can a student sponsor for her husband? 2 Answers as of April 22, 2011

My daughter is a student only and she wishes to marry an Ecuadorian in Ecuador. Can she sponsor him and take him to the USA?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
No she cannot sponsor unless she is a U.S. citizen.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/22/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
If you mean, you daughter is a U.S. Citizen, who does not work but goes to school, then if she gets married she can petition her husband. Since she is not working she will she will not to provide a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support. The co-sponsor must be over 18 years old, a USC or LPR, and reside in the US.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: