Can a student on an F-1 visa get a green card to become a permanent resident? 1 Answers as of October 16, 2010

If it possible for those with an F-1 student visa to eventually get the green card necessary to become a permanent resident? Could all of this be done without having to leave the US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
The short answer is absolutely yes. Many people who have come to the U.S. on an F-1 student visa have been able to adjust status to permanent residency. You have to have a sponsoring employer or qualifying relative (spouse, parent, adult child who is U.S. citizen, or in some cases a legal resident), but yes, it is doable. If you want help in bringing that about, and you are in a position to get a green card, give me a call or send an e-mail, and we will set up a full consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/16/2010
Click to View More Answers: