Can stolen credit card charges be expunged? 14 Answers as of June 24, 2011

I had my credit card stolen at the time but the credit card company has not verified it was stolen. Can I get the charges expunged?

I'm not sure what you mean by expunged. You can discharge those debts in a bankruptcy case. If you're talking about your credit report, that's a different story. You would need to ask a credit reporting expert about that.
Breckenridge and Walton
Breckenridge and Walton | Alan D. Walton
Expungement refers to criminal records. If you are a victim of credit card fraud, you need to contest it with the credit provider within 60 days of the statement that shows the charges to protect your rights.
Mercado & Hartung, PLLC | Christopher J. Mercado
You need to dispute the charges with all 3 credit report companies and they will investigate.
Law Office of Maureen O' Malley
Law Office of Maureen O' Malley | Maureen O'Malley
I thought it was up to you to file a police report and verify a stolen card. What does it show on your credit report? The credit card company should delete at least most of those charges. If not, check with your attorney general. Or file bankruptcy to be sure they don't harm your credit.
CONSUMER PROTECTION ASSISTANCE COALITION, INC. (DE).
CONSUMER PROTECTION ASSISTANCE COALITION, INC. (DE). | Gary Lee Lane
if your card was stolen you should not be responsible for the charges if you properly notified the card.
    You can, but is a long hard process. Allot depends on how soon you noticed the charges. Did you file a police report? That is a must do item.
    Theodore N. Stapleton, PC
    Theodore N. Stapleton, PC | Theodore N. Stapleton
    Stolen credit card charges can be discharged in bankruptcy.
    Cartwright Law Firm
    Cartwright Law Firm | Andrea Cartwight
    You can dispute credit cards debts in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. A Chapter 7 bankrptcy would discharged the debts. Once the debts are discharged in bankruptcy, you will no longer be responsible for paying back those debts. If you should have any further questions or concerns regarding filing bankruptcy, please feel free to contact me. Our firms offers Free consultation, low fees starting at $500.00 plus the filing fee and E-Z Payment Plans.
    Bankruptcy Law Office of Robert Weed
    Bankruptcy Law Office of Robert Weed | Robert Weed
    You need to talk to a lawyer who does Fair Credit Reporting Law. A good place to start is the National Association of Consumer Advocates.
    Charges on a stolen credit card should not be held against you. However, it the credit card company disputes the stolen card it may have to be resolved by filing a lawsuit.
    Evan M. Altman Attorney at Law
    Evan M. Altman Attorney at Law | Evan M. Altman
    Yes through a Ch 7 bankruptcy.