Can Stepfather Sponsor me to get my U.S Permanent Residency? 1 Answers as of April 07, 2011

I am 17 years old. My mom is planning on marrying my stepdad during this year because he's trying to help me get my residency before I turn 18.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Yes, as long are your mother and step father get married before you turn 18 years he can petition you. If he is a U.S. citizen and you were admitted and inspected then you can file for adjustment of status in the US. If you were not admitted and inspected then you will have to visa process outside the U.S. If this is the case you need to see an immigration attorney to advise you how to avoid triggering the 3 or 10 year bar to returning to the US.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: