Can a state trooper have a case closed because they are retiring? 4 Answers as of November 10, 2017

I was a victim of road rage hit and run. the officer only cited the other driver for not maintaining their Lane but since she was retiring she had the case dismissed.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Randy Ligh | Randy Ligh
I would first contact a lawyer and perhaps get legal representation for you. Additionally, you have every right and should contact the prosecuting authority to determine if they will re-open the traffic ticket matter. Also, although the traffic ticket is dismissed, it does not mean your right to pursue your case in civil court has been affected.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 11/10/2017
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Generally a police officer lacks the authority to dismiss a charge. That is up gotten prosecutor. Call the DA and ask what happened and why.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 11/9/2017
Law Office of John G. Galasso | John George Galasso
If you are the victim, then the case cannot be closed without your consent. I would contact the prosecutor's office.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 11/9/2017
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
Contact the prosecutor and complain. You are the complaining witness and since the cop is not an eye witness, they should be able to pursue the case.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 11/9/2017
Click to View More Answers: