Can a state trooper have a case closed because they are retiring? 4 Answers as of November 10, 2017

I was a victim of road rage hit and run. the officer only cited the other driver for not maintaining their Lane but since she was retiring she had the case dismissed.

Randy Ligh | Randy Ligh
I would first contact a lawyer and perhaps get legal representation for you. Additionally, you have every right and should contact the prosecuting authority to determine if they will re-open the traffic ticket matter. Also, although the traffic ticket is dismissed, it does not mean your right to pursue your case in civil court has been affected.
Generally a police officer lacks the authority to dismiss a charge. That is up gotten prosecutor. Call the DA and ask what happened and why.
Law Office of John G. Galasso | John George Galasso
If you are the victim, then the case cannot be closed without your consent. I would contact the prosecutor's office.
Contact the prosecutor and complain. You are the complaining witness and since the cop is not an eye witness, they should be able to pursue the case.