Can the state legally ask me for child support? Posted on April 04, 2011

I moved to Maryland 7 yrs ago. My daughter lives in California and has never been to Maryland. The state took me to court for child support and through me in jail. They said they wanted me to pay them for back pay or will go back for 179 days. Is this legal since i don't owe the state any money?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: