Can the state attorneys office revoke my bond? 2 Answers as of August 10, 2011

I recently had to bond out of jail then I got re-arrested and my bails bondsman did another bond for me. However, when I went to court the state attorney's office is requesting for my bond to be revoked. I was arrested when coming out of my house to go to the hospital because I had injured my wrist and thought I broke it. Upon leaving there was an officer pulling in where I live. He asked me what was going on I explained to him that I had injured my wrist. He then said it didn't look like anything was wrong with it!So, he placed me under arrest for call 911 and making a false report. However, when I got out of jail I went straight to the ER and sure enough there was issues with my wrist. So,when I had to go to court I took my doctors notes and gave them to my attorney.I was passed over for court that day then when I went back yesterday I was told that the State Attorney's office was requesting to have my bond revoked. I should have never been arrested!The cop was not a doctor!And there is something injured in my wrist!So, the next time I go to court I am sure that I will be placed in jail! Is this legal? And who should I turn to for help?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Gutin and Wolverton
Gutin and Wolverton | Harley Gutin
Yes. The State attorney can move to revoke your bond on a case if you were out on bond on said case and violated the conditions of your bond especially if the violation is a new law violation. However, the Judge may revoke your bond and has the discretion to award a new bond or not.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/10/2011
Michael D. Fluke, P.A.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A. | Michael D. Fluke
Yes your bond can be revoked if you violate the conditions of your release, but a new bond must be set. If the facts are as you claim, get the written documentation to your attorney immediately. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: