Can a sponsor a foreign minor in the US? 4 Answers as of August 22, 2011

Is it possible to sponsor a Filipino minor as a student here in the USA? Their family is very poor. What can you tell me about the process, if any, to be a sponsor? The student is currently a Filipino high school student.

For a student visa, the US consulate must first be satisfied that the student will go back to his/her country. Then the consulate will make sure the student will have enough funds to cover his stay and expenses without having to work. Your sponsorship will do the second if you intend to pay for the expenses.
Yes, but you need to get an I-20, typically from a private school, and you need to show funds for the child's tuition and living expenses, as well as documenting that the child will return to his home country.
Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
You will need to find a school that will accept him. Some private schools issue the I-20 immigration document he will need to process the visa. Then, when he processes at the Consulate, you can support him financially to help his case.
A high school can sponsor him with I-20. You should talk to a private high school about enrolling him.