Can someone with a felony conviction who received legislative pardon own a firearm? 4 Answers as of June 08, 2015

This person received the felony conviction for a non-violent crime and the felony was pardoned. They were given back all their civil rights except those which regard firearms. I'm not sure what rights they do retain regarding firearms or if they can apply to get that right back or if they need to petition for expunction.

Uhhh..why are you involved. IF owning a gun is important, they will consult with an attorney.
I need the details, there is an interplay between state and federal law, and a pardon is different than an expungment of having the conviction set aside.
You will need to petition the court for your firearms right to be restored. The requirements to do so can be found on the Internet.
You don't say what the felony was for. If it was for a crime that involved the use of a firearm... probably not. If no firearm was used then you ay be able to petition the court for restoration of the right. It is not automatic.