Can someone with DUIs travel outside of the border? 3 Answers as of May 16, 2011

I am currently a green card holder, I have had two DUI's and was wondering if I'll have problems coming back into the U.S

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Not if you have dealt with your DIU's. If you were given probation, then you want to finish the probationary period before doing anything. But the main issue is what kind of conviction, if any, did you get from those DIU's. You want to pull your criminal background record and see what you have on there. If you have a felony or 2 misdemeanors, then I want you to think twice. The rule of thumb is: don't travel outside the US if that is the case. Going out is easy but coming back may be a problem (not always). Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/16/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
More than one DUI can cause a problem for a legal permanent residence returning to the U.S. More than one recent DUI conviction could result in a finding that you are inadmissible to the U.S. for mental health reasons, specifically, that you are suffering from alcoholism. You may find that you will need a waiver to re-enter the U.S. Moreover, in some states a second DUI is treated more harshly, and could be found to be crime involving moral turpitude, which could make you inadmissible to the U.S.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/16/2011
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
No, should be no problem unless you have outstanding warrants connected with these DUI's.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 5/16/2011
Click to View More Answers: