Can someone with a DUI become a resident of the US? 1 Answers as of March 04, 2011

If my husband received a DUI 4 years ago will I still be able to file his legal papers to become a resident? He is off the probation and he paid the fine. We have been legally married for 6 years.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Generally, a single DUI (where they were no injuries) will not prevent someone from becoming a legal permanent resident.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: