Can someone with a criminal hsitory file a petition for me? 2 Answers as of March 06, 2011

I came to US with a J1 VISA. A year ago I meet a guy who had criminal record as domestic violence, bulgur, and has a sex offender charge his charge is a misdemeanor on the papers say sex abuse on the last degree (kissing and touching with a minor, 15 years old) was not rape or anything else. He is working right now and still on probation, he is doing good and wanted to do better, we were wondering if he can still file a petition for me, I have a little business and don’t have any criminal record, I’ve been working really hard since I get here. Even if sounds crazy and horrible the case, I dont believe he even tried to hurt anyone, we love each other very much and want to be together, I encourage him to do better and he is going to school now, Is there any chance for us? My family of course does not approve it and they don’t talk to me anymore, we are so far to be perfect but we are working on this and don’t want to be away from each other.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law | William C. Gosnell
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 3/6/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
Please do a full consult with a competent immigration attorney specializing in criminal law. You will want to bring the certified court records of his cases. Sex offenders with minors is a very serious offense and can prevent sponsorship in many cases.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: