Can someone who was deported 20 years ago become a legal resident? 1 Answers as of March 25, 2011

Can someone who was arrested and deported for drug sale 20yrs ago now married to a us citizen become a legal resident?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
To properly advise you I would need to see the deportation order and certified copy of the conviction. Options to become a permanent resident for sale of certain drugs are limited without post-conviction relief. You would be eligible for a nonimmigrant waiver in connection with an application for a nonimmigrant visa. I would suggest scheduling an appointment for a consultation. We do charge for consultations but whatever fee is paid for the consult would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if you retain us for further immigration work on your behalf.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/25/2011
Click to View More Answers: