Can someone verify whether or not these documents I received in this e-mail are authentic or not? 28 Answers as of January 08, 2013

I am being told that I have received an inheritance from one Vincent Killkenny Ramic and the beneficiary fund is being withheld at One Zenith Bank in Ghana. I know that it’s probably a scam but I just want to find out for sure I just like to have closure on this peace of mind since they are still contacting me.

The Lucky Law Firm, PLC
The Lucky Law Firm, PLC | Robert Morrison Lucky
You are very likely correct in believing that it is a scam. You should contact the Louisiana Attorney General's office and/or the Federal Trade Commission to discuss the legitimacy of the email. Until then, do nothing with the email.
Law Office of Rebecca White
Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
You can pretty much assume it is a scam.
Law Offices of Sandeep G. Agarwal
Law Offices of Sandeep G. Agarwal | Sandeep G. Agarwal
I would ignore the email.
Oliver & Duncan | Donald E. Oliver
That is a total scam designed to extract your bank account and/or credit card numbers. Do a "block sender" to eliminate all messages from that e-mail address.
Do you understand that this is a scam. Once they get YOUR bank information, they will clean out your account. Tell them to go screw themselves, and have no further contact. I cannot believe that you are falling for this nonsense. IT IS A SCAM.
    Most of such are scams. How would anyone find out for sure short of going to Ghana?
    Law Office of J. Michael Gatien
    Law Office of J. Michael Gatien | J. Michael Gatien
    Definitely a scam!
    I get e-mails like this every day. In fact, I just read an account of a similar scam in a book that was published in 1908.
    Law Office of Mark J. Leonardo
    Law Office of Mark J. Leonardo | Mark Leonardo
    99% certain it's a scam. If you responded at all, they will continue to contact you to perpetrate the scam. Do you even know the supposed deceased person? Probably not. Do you have relatives in Ghana? Again, probably not. Typically the scam is to get you to open a bank account to receive the funds (but not always), and then to send them a portion of the proceeds (this is a certainty). They may even send you what appears to be a legitimate cashier's check on a legitimate bank account. And upon your receipt, they want a wire transfer back to them for their commission for finding your inheritance. The problem is you may authorize the wire transfer, happy to keep the windfall balance. But after you send the wire, the check will bounce as being a forgery as the owner of the account had no idea about any such check being written from their account. At that point, you are left being held responsible for the wire transfer you sent to the scammers. The moment you are asked to put up or send any money, it's a scam. As for getting the police involved they don't care. They may take a report, but they seem not to have any interest in trying to catch the perpetrators, presumably because they are in a foreign country. When you wire the money and then your funds are negated by the forgery, your are left holding the bag. Sending cash is unlike someone fraudulently charging your credit card where the credit card companies don't hold you responsible. Be very careful.
    It's a variation of the "Nigerian Scam". Google it and decide for yourself.
    Bet you do not have any prior knowledge of NY person by that name. It is a scam. Do not respond.
    Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
    Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
    Yes it is a scam. If you go forward, at some point they will either provide you with a check and ask you to give them a portion of it back or they will ask you for your money to somehow insure or finance the process of getting your money to you. Either way, you will never get anything but a bogus check. There are many slight variations but in every case, the only one to get real money will be them and you will be out whatever you send them. Disregard it.
    Victor Varga | Victor Varga
    It?s a scam. They all are.
    I doubt if anyone on this forum can verify whether this is a scam. You obviously have more information about this than we do. It does sound like a scam. The only way to find out is to follow the email instructions or contact the One Zenith Bank. However, under no circumstances should you send them a check, deposit there check under the condition that you send them a check for expenses (often the scam is that they send you a large check and ask that you send them a smaller check once you deposit their large bogus check), or give them any account information. If you have an inheritance, they should be willing to send ou a check, no strings attached.
    It's a scam.
    Fairlie & Lippy, P.C.
    Fairlie & Lippy, P.C. | Christopher A. Bradley, Esq.
    It's a scam.
    Law Office of Malosack Berjis
    Law Office of Malosack Berjis | Malosack Berjis
    Unfortunately, I cannot see the documents that you are referring to. Please respond, with the documents in question attached, and I will attempt to answer your question to the best of my ability.