Can someone please tell me how to find out if I have an arrest warrant? 13 Answers as of July 24, 2013

I believe I may have arrest warrants and before I actually retain an attorney I want to know for certain I have one. I've called the sheriffs office, I've called the courthouse and they both said they don't give that information over the phone. Its ridiculous.

Have someone else go down to the courthouse and look it up.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
It is not ridiculous. One of the reasons that you retain counsel is to determine whether there are arrest warrants. You should retain counsel for this.
The Law Office of Carlos H. Davalos
The Law Office of Carlos H. Davalos | Carlos H. Davalos
I'm inclined to agree with you. Have you tried contacting the clerk at the courthouse specifically?
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Go to the police station and ask.
Go to the clerk's office and ask. Some will tell you. If there is, schedule a court appearance. Clerks generally do not have the sheriff deputy come over and arrest you. Go to the sheriff's office and ask, you will be arrested if there is one and a court date set immediately
    Bush Law Group
    Bush Law Group | James Falk
    As a general rule, neither the courts nor the police, sheriff, etc. will not tell you if you have a warrant out against you. The reason is that they expect a large portion of people would flee the jurisdiction if they knew for sure there was a warrant out against them.
    Law Offices of James Elliot McIntosh
    Law Offices of James Elliot McIntosh | James Elliot McIntosh
    Go online. In Orange County OCSD.org lists outstanding warrants. Or, walk into the Courthouse. See the clerk and they will tell you of any open cases pending in the County.
    We do it for a small fee or you can check with the sheriff's web site. Good luck.
    William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
    Arrest warrants are not public information. If you take your ID to the detention center or precinct, they can check for you. However if you have one, they will take you into custody too. You may search court records at mdcourts.gov, in order to find out whether you have a bench warrant. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.
    Try calling a bail bond office.
    It is only ridiculous that you commit crime and then are curious about your being apprehended. Have you done nothing wrong? Then you do not have to worry about a warrant. Are you worrying about the price of a sex change? No, because you are not having one, exactly. You want to know. Go to your local sheriff and tell them you are here to turn yourself in. If there is a warrant, you will be taken into custody.