Can someone on probation in Canada come to the US to marry me? 2 Answers as of April 05, 2011

I have a girlfriend in Canada but she is on probation. We want to get married and she wants to move to the US. Can we do that while she is on probation?

Being on probation would not bar her from coming to the U.S. What could bar her from doing so is the crime she was convicted of that she is now on probation for. Many crimes make a person inadmissible to the U.S., even if married to a U.S. citizen. There are waivers available, but I would need to know the crime she was convicted of, the date convicted and the sentence/punishment.
Only, if permitted by the Canadian probation office currently having authority over her. (If she's been fullfilling all the conditions of her probation, she may wish to consider filing a motion with the court asking for early termination.)