Can someone on an expired VISA qualify for DREAM act? 5 Answers as of January 06, 2011

If you came to the states legally, graduated from high school, earned a bachelors degree, but overstayed your visa, can you qualify for the DREAM act?

The DREAM Act has failed, as you know by now. However, your status of overstay could be overcome, depending on how long ago your visa expired, making you out of status, by several means. One of course is marriage to a U.S. citizen, but that process is fraught with problems, not the least is criminal fraud if you only marry to gain the benefit. I would have to know much more about your situation. If you with to discuss it further, contact me to set up a phone consultation. Best to you.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
It is uncertain what the dream act proposes as it is not a law. Therefore, your question is difficult to answer.
Probably but the DREAM Act did not pass and when or if it ever does we have to review carefully the language of the law.
Pauly P.A.
Pauly P.A. | Clemens W. Pauly
Unfortunately the DREAM Act did not become law this weekend and so the question currently does not have any practical application.
There is no DREAM Act at this time. If it is passed then please contact our office to see if you qualify.