Can someone legally call my job or cell phone and demand that I be home a certain time so they can serve me legal papers for an unpaid debt? 5 Answers as of September 10, 2013

No, it is their job to find you to serve you.
Timothy Casey Theisen, P.A. | Tim Theisen
No. Tell them that you have been advised by counsel to record all phone calls from creditors.
SmithMarco, P.C.
SmithMarco, P.C. | Larry P. Smith
Absolutely not. And you don't have to be there for him or listen to a word he says. Though, I would almost guarantee they are bluffing anyway. Nobody is showing up to serve you. If someone were really going to serve you papers, they would not give you warning.
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
No. Calls of this nature are likely to be from scammers.
J. Norman Stark, Attorney & Reg. Architect | J. NORMAN STARK, ATTORNEY
Absolutely not!!! You can also be served by certified mail, or even by special server (a person), before or after working hours. Sooner or later you will be served, and you should immediately consult an experienced Attorney to advise and represent you, to protect your rights and interests.