can someone get a visiting visa if they have been deported? 5 Answers as of June 10, 2011

If a person had enter the USA legally and has been deported, will that person be eligible for a visiting visa?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
Once a person has been deported from the USA, it is not likely that he will be granted a visitor's visa. Sometimes, after many years and evidence of rehabilitation, a deportee may be given a chance to re-enter the country.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/10/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
They need to file Form I-192 to apply for advance permission to enter the US after deportation. It will depend on the reason for the deportation and the reason for the entry to the U.S.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/10/2011
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
Probably not, and certainly not for the period of ten years after the deportation. After that a waiver will be required.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/10/2011
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
That will depend on lots of factors, such as reason for the deportation, criminal record, fraud/misrepresentation, other immigration violations and reason to come back.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/9/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
Its possible but will need a waiver also.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: