Can someone get US residency without financial support? 7 Answers as of January 08, 2011

I just wanted to ask that is there any way to get residence in the U.S, if i do not have much financial support from anyone? I need a guideline.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
Using the I-864 Affidavit of Support with your green card applications, you must use the family member that petitions for you, and your income, plus the income of family members who act as co-sponsors. If together it amounts to above 125 percent of the U.S. poverty as identified by the Department of Labor, then you can be qualified as an entering immigrant, obtaining a green card. If you want to discuss it in more depth, please contact me via e-mail or phone to set up an in-person or telephone consultation. Best to you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/8/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Almost all permanent residency categories require you to show you will not become a public charge if granted PR. This can sometimes be show with assets from your sponsor if income is not sufficient or by getting a co-sponsor if the Petitioner does not make enough money.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/22/2010
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
A person must have a sponsor for the affidavit of support requirement if through a family member. If through employment, then this requirement does not apply.

I am happy to discuss this issue in detail. This normally takes about one hour and my fee is $150.

If hired for the case, included in my representation is fully analysis of your case throughout the process, drafting all legal forms, providing a detailed document list for you, preparing/submitting/tracking your application once accepted by DHS/DOS, answering any questions you may have during the process, working to clear out any delays which might occur and then conducting a detailed interview preparation prior to your interview (if your case has an interview).

If you would like to set up a phone consult, please let me know.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/22/2010
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
Not really. Almost all applications for permanent residence, whether based on family or employment, require an affidavit of support demonstrating that you will not become a public charge.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 12/22/2010
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
You need to submit an affidavit of support with the adjustment of status application. This is a requirement for your application. Please see an immigration lawyer for guidance.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 12/22/2010
Click to View More Answers: