Can someone get a marriage visa without going back to their home country? 3 Answers as of July 01, 2011

I am a US citizen and I have been involved with an New Zealand citizen online and have met in person. He is coming to the US this summer to visit me, and if things go well we would like to get married. If possible, we would like to do this without him having to leave the country again. If he comes here on a visitor visa, would this be possible? We would like to know the best course of action to take.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
Yes it is possible; but he has to be careful about preconceived intent. Contact my office for a free consultation.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/1/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Yes it is possible. The best course of action in my view is to hire an attorney and let her do this for you. I don't see any problem in the horizon but to be on the safe side. get a lawyer. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/1/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
He will not be eligible to obtain a green card in the US, but is eligible to consular process for the green card. If a person enters the US on a visitor visa or waiver program with the intention to remain in the US and apply for residency, this is visa fraud/misrepresentation and will lead to a visa denial and removal from the US.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/30/2011
Click to View More Answers: