Can someone get charge with robbery if one never occurred? 3 Answers as of April 04, 2017

The police pulled my fiancé over. When they realize he didn't have a license. They search the car and found tools in the car.

Yes, because possession of burglary tools is a crime. He should hire a lawyer to challenge the legality of the stop.
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. Theoretically, a person can be charged with virtually anything. Whether or not there is enough evidence to convict him is another story. Why was he pulled over? Why didn't he have a license? Did he give permission to the police to search his vehicle? What kind f tools were found in his car? Since we do not have all the facts, it is impossible to give a meaningful answers. I strongly suggest that you or your fiance contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your fiance arrest. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze his situation and advise him of his options.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
Could be charged with possession of burglary tools. See if he meets description of open robberies.