Can someone garnish your check without notifying you? 3 Answers as of March 14, 2014

I went to court yesterday for an old phone bill back in 2005. And in December of 2013, I received this letter from a lawyer for the phone company and after us both talking to the judge, the Judge clearly said to me "I can't make you pay this" and she said to the lawyer for the phone company she said "And I can't make you accept it". What does that mean? Can my wages or bank accounts be garnished? What happens next? What do I need to do?

If it is worth fees, see an attorney.
Meister & McCracken Law Firm, PLLC | Joanne M. McCracken
There is a statute of limitations on collecting for contracts in Arkansas. You would be best served by having a conference with an attorney who can discuss the specific facts of your case and advise you. You may not be liable for these bills.
Answer Applies to: Arkansas
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
I can't tell what happened from the description. Generally, a court can only take wages if a judgment is entered. It sounds like the debt may be out of statute.