Can someone ever be able to gain citizenship if they have a felon drug charge? 7 Answers as of October 24, 2013

Has drug charges (trafficking) plead guilty but wasn't found guilty about 5 years ago. Will he ever have a chance being married to a citizen with children if he hasn't been in trouble since? He is married to a citizen with kids.

Mulder Law office, PA
Mulder Law office, PA | Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
No. He will not get his NATZ. The worst news is that drug trafficking is a deportable offense and no waiver is available. I strongly suggest this person get an experienced immigration attorney NOW - do not wait. When he goes to renew his green card it could be denied and he will be put in removal proceedings.
If there is NO ( I mean absolute NO) conviction ( if plead once and then vacated, we will need to review court documents), there will be no immigration consequences.
CoverLaw
CoverLaw | Jim Cover
It depends on if he was convicted of an aggravated felony or not.
The case would need to be reviewed with certified copies of the Court records to properly advise you on getting a green card and later citizenship.
I would not waste you money trying to get him into the country. He blew it when he started dealing drugs. People have been denied for a lot less. Maybe you can get it reduced to a misdemeanor, but I even doubt that that would help.
    If he has plead guilty to a drug offense, it is highly unlikely he will be able to obtain lawful permanent residence. However, it is difficult to assess without having an opportunity to review the records.
    Wenell LLC
    Wenell LLC | Kelly Wenell
    How does one plead guilty but not found guilty? Was the plea withdrawn, case dismissed? What is this person's current immigration status? Normally, a felon drug trafficker would have been deported. So there must be more to the facts that are missing from your post.