Can someone else go to court for me? 16 Answers as of June 10, 2013

If the court case is for a small issue. I know that people do this for a living, I would like to know if this has a job title. Thank you for your time.

The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman | Gabriel Dorman
Yes. They are called lawyers. Only lawyers can appear for their clients in court. However, if you have been charged with a felony offense, then you will still need to appear in court with or without your lawyer. I hope this answer was helpful. Good luck.
LynchLaw
LynchLaw | Michael Thomas Lynch
A defendant has the right to be present, however defendants can waive that right and have their attorney appear for them in Court. Many of my clients take advantage of this so don't have to miss any school or work. Contact an Attorney.
Law Office of Joe Dane
Law Office of Joe Dane | Joe Dane
Those people that appear in court on behalf of another are called lawyers. I'm not sure what you're asking beyond that. Nobody can appear and argue a case except for an individual if they represent themselves or an attorney on their behalf. Are you asking about paralegals? They cannot appear in court for a client.
Law Office of Evan E. Zelig
Law Office of Evan E. Zelig | Evan E. Zelig
If you are charged with a misdemeanor or an infraction offense than an attorney may go to court for you on your behalf if you hire them. If you are charged with a felony you must go to court and be present at every appearance unless excused by the court in person.
Only licensed attorneys can represent you in court, but no one can do so in small claims court where you must be there yourself as the witness.
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts | Andrew Stephen Roberts
    Only a licensed attorney can appear for you. This does depend on the type of matter too.
    Yes, under many circumstances someone else can appear in court for you. Some highly trained professionals do this for a living. We are called 'Attorneys', or 'Lawyers'.
    If you are being charged with a misdemeanor than yes an attorney can appear for you under 977 authority. If you are talking about a felony than you have to be present at all court proceedings.
    Yes, attorney.
    You can hire a lawyer to go to court for you if the case is a misdemeanor but for a felony or DV case you must personally appear every time. Was this your question? You can't hire an actor to go to court and pretend to be you!
    Yes, on infractions and most misdemeanor cases, a privately retained attorney can appear without you needing to be in court. The job title would be Attorney, or Lawyer. Feel free to contact me at 818-336-1384 if you would like to discuss your case in further detail.