Can someone be their own co-sponsor in an immigration petition? 3 Answers as of March 03, 2011

I am an American citizen and I have been married for two years. I am living in Damascus, Syria and my husband and I have been deciding to live in the US. But I have a problem with the co sponsor. If my husband’s income is good, cant he be his own co sponsor?

The answer is yes. Your husband's income can be included. If you desire the assistance of an attorney, feel free to call or e-mail me for an appointment via phone or in person.
Yes, if his income is U.S. income legally earned it may count toward meeting the public charge requirement. If not you will need a co-sponsor and al demonstrate that you intend to make the U.s. your domicile after he comes to the U.S. (job offer; housing arrangements, etc.)

I would be happy to consult with you on your case. I do charge for consultations but whatever is paid for the consultation would be a credit toward the fees for your case if you retain us for further work after the consult. The consultation can be scheduled as indicated below by contacting Janet.
His income has to be continuous after he came over. However, there may be other ways if you seek assessment of your case. You are welcome to contact us by phone or at our website. Good luck!