Can someone be their own co-sponsor in an immigration petition? 3 Answers as of March 03, 2011

I am an American citizen and I have been married for two years. I am living in Damascus, Syria and my husband and I have been deciding to live in the US. But I have a problem with the co sponsor. If my husband’s income is good, cant he be his own co sponsor?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
The answer is yes. Your husband's income can be included. If you desire the assistance of an attorney, feel free to call or e-mail me for an appointment via phone or in person.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/3/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Yes, if his income is U.S. income legally earned it may count toward meeting the public charge requirement. If not you will need a co-sponsor and al demonstrate that you intend to make the U.s. your domicile after he comes to the U.S. (job offer; housing arrangements, etc.)

I would be happy to consult with you on your case. I do charge for consultations but whatever is paid for the consultation would be a credit toward the fees for your case if you retain us for further work after the consult. The consultation can be scheduled as indicated below by contacting Janet.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/3/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
His income has to be continuous after he came over. However, there may be other ways if you seek assessment of your case. You are welcome to contact us by phone or at our website. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: