Can someone add me to an LLC without my permission? 6 Answers as of November 06, 2013

I found out that I was added to an LLC without my permission. I also found out that I was put onto a lease (for a building) without my permission. I have signed nothing. How do I get off both of them?

The Taylor Law Office L.L.C.
The Taylor Law Office L.L.C. | Ian A. Taylor
Sounds to me like a contract issue. A contract cannot be created between you and another party without an offer to you, your acceptance of that offer and the change of hands of something of value. A lease is a contract, and a membership agreement between members of an LLC is an agreement between you and the other members and the LLC. If you never received any paperwork or were not aware of the lease or membership agreement you likely didn't receive the OFFER to accept. Therefore, the contract fails from the start and you would not be bound. Removing your name from any obligations or liability is a little trickier. You should contract an attorney in your area to help with a strategy to remove you from the lease or LLC.
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
I am not sure what you mean that you were added to an LLC. If you mean that you were listed as a manager (or officer or director), you can just send a letter stating that you never agreed to serve in that position and demand that your name be removed from any paperwork, filings, etc. If you mean that you were listed as a member (partner), you could do the same but you might not want to do so. Regarding a lease, you will not be liable until you actually sign an agreement unless you make an oral agreement.
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
If you signed nothing and did not ratify the actions taken without your knowledge, you are not liable. Put it in writing to the landlord ASAP.
No, you are not liable if you did not agree. but this sounds like a real fight.
Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
If you did not sign the legal documents creating the LLC, etc. you are not legally a party to anything.