Can she stay in the US while I sponsor her? 2 Answers as of July 14, 2011

I am a green card holder that wish to surprise and marry my gf who will visit US next month as a tourist. Can she stay in the US while I sponsor her? Can I include in the petition her son from previous marriage? How much it will cost me in case I hire a lawyer?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Yes to all your questions. As to how much, all I can tell you is that different attorneys charge different rates. What I think will be reasonable under the circumstances and depending on the age of the minor child is $2500 to $3500 for attorney's fees and about $1500 to $2000 for application fees. I hope this helps. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/14/2011
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
I do not have enough information to answer the question. It depends when you qualify to become a US citizen. You may want to come and see us for a free consultation.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: