Can she legally make us vacate when we have not broken any of the agreements? 6 Answers as of February 27, 2014

I'm buying a house. I have all receipts where I paid the payment and the owner gave us notice to vacate.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
I don't understand what agreements there were. I need more information. The landlord can't unilaterally terminate a lease without cause.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 2/27/2014
Law Office of Jeffrey T. Reed | Jeffrey T. Reed
Do you have a written agreement? Did you make the payments to the owner or to the bank/lender? If you made the payments to the owner she may not have made the payments to the bank. Either way you probably need to consult with an attorney as soon as possible.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/27/2014
Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
You should consult a real estate attorney to review your documents to see how best for you to proceed.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/27/2014
Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
If the owner serves you with an eviction lawsuit, you will need to file an answer with the court within five days after being served, explaining that you were not a tenant but a purchaser and attach your documents. The court will then schedule a trial date and you will have the opportunity to further explain the true relationship to the church. If there is no written purchase agreement, then you should consult an attorney to figure out whether there is some exception to the requirement of a written agreement to create an enforceable transfer of interest in real estate. From a practical perspective, the issue may boil down to whether the payments you made significantly exceeded the payments you would've made for the reasonable rental value.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/27/2014
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
It depends on the contract. You need to take the contract to an attorney for review. If you don't have a written contract, I think your only hope may be able to allege fraud. Either way, you need to talk with a local attorney about it.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 2/27/2014
    The Davies Law Firm, P.A.
    The Davies Law Firm, P.A. | Robert F. Davies, Esq.
    Before you do anything, please talk to a smart attorney in your area. This is serious. You may lose a lot of money, if you do the wrong thing.
    Answer Applies to: New Jersey
    Replied: 2/27/2014
Click to View More Answers: