Can she come back after 3 years and ask for a whole lot more? 2 Answers as of September 20, 2017

I am starting divorce after 26 years of marriage. She is not asking for spousal support per se. However, in the MSA, I will pay for quite a bit of stuff for 3 years, but less than she's legally entitled to. She's checking the box "Reserve for future determination...".

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
If the court is reserving jurisdiction over the issue of spousal support, then either spouse can ask the court to order spousal support in the future. If you are concerning about future support liability you can explore the possibility of making an agreement to consider what you are paying as a lump sum settlement for spousal support and terminate the court's jurisdiction to order future support.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/20/2017
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
Yes, she can if she can show changed circumstances.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/19/2017
Click to View More Answers: