Can a school teacher apply for form 360 if they have a R1 visa? 5 Answers as of October 06, 2011

Can a christian school teacher who has had a R-1 visa apply for form 360? Would they be eligible? Also if you are allowed two years extension but you are only given 8 months, is it worth applying for another extension when that one is up?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
I just got an R-1 approved for an "Assistant Editor" for an SDA youth magazine, so I don't see why it should be impossible. But I wonder if part of it is just who is the immigration attorney? It's always smart to get a second opinion. I know that the church where I first met my ex-wife lost the infamous "music director" R-1 case. I did not represent them in that petition.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 10/6/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Your question is unclear and I cannot make sense of it. You need to see someone with documents on hand to try and get straight answers. Please do that. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/16/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Yes. If it is a USCIS error that you were only given 8 months (what did the Petition request), then you should be able to get a corrected Approval Notice. If not USCIS error, then yes you can apply for an extension if eligible.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/15/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
The facts have to be examined before an evaluation can be given. As long as you are battered spouse, which you can prove, you are eligible for I-360, which has nothing to do with having another visa. As far as other question goes, you take everything out of context. there is no way a good answer could be given.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/14/2011
Joseph Law Firm
Joseph Law Firm | Jeff Joseph
Yes. If you are here on an R-1 and the religious institution is interested in sponsoring you for permanent residence, you can proceed on an I-360. However, you must not let the R-1 lapse while you are waiting for a decision on the I-360. You must extend the R-1 before the 8 months expires. If you would like assistance with the process, our office would be happy to help you. Please schedule a time to meet with one of our attorneys to discuss your case. We look forward to assisting you.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 9/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: