Can a school teacher apply for form 360 if they have a R1 visa? 5 Answers as of October 06, 2011

Can a christian school teacher who has had a R-1 visa apply for form 360? Would they be eligible? Also if you are allowed two years extension but you are only given 8 months, is it worth applying for another extension when that one is up?

All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
I just got an R-1 approved for an "Assistant Editor" for an SDA youth magazine, so I don't see why it should be impossible. But I wonder if part of it is just who is the immigration attorney? It's always smart to get a second opinion. I know that the church where I first met my ex-wife lost the infamous "music director" R-1 case. I did not represent them in that petition.
Your question is unclear and I cannot make sense of it. You need to see someone with documents on hand to try and get straight answers. Please do that. Good luck!
Yes. If it is a USCIS error that you were only given 8 months (what did the Petition request), then you should be able to get a corrected Approval Notice. If not USCIS error, then yes you can apply for an extension if eligible.
The facts have to be examined before an evaluation can be given. As long as you are battered spouse, which you can prove, you are eligible for I-360, which has nothing to do with having another visa. As far as other question goes, you take everything out of context. there is no way a good answer could be given.
Joseph Law Firm
Joseph Law Firm | Jeff Joseph
Yes. If you are here on an R-1 and the religious institution is interested in sponsoring you for permanent residence, you can proceed on an I-360. However, you must not let the R-1 lapse while you are waiting for a decision on the I-360. You must extend the R-1 before the 8 months expires. If you would like assistance with the process, our office would be happy to help you. Please schedule a time to meet with one of our attorneys to discuss your case. We look forward to assisting you.